You may think it’s all fun and games in Emerald Isle NC…
and YOU’D BE RIGHT!
Our curated list comes from years of experience and adventure all along the gorgeous Crystal Coast of North Carolina. Emerald Isle is a town on Bogue Banks Island, part of North Carolina’s Crystal Coast that is full of adventure, relaxation, and beautiful sunsets. Check out our list of the Top 11 Things to Do in Emerald Isle NC!
- The most obvious…THE BEACH! Come to Emerald Isle NC to get your summer tan on and enjoy the crystal clear waters of North Carolina. You can bring the family for a beach day with your umbrellas and chairs & build sandcastles along the wide stretch of beach. Listening to rolling waves while reading a good book or sleeping under a huge sun hat sound good right about now!
2. Next up, the ocean! Emerald Isle is a hub for watersports! Anything from Surfing to skimboarding to water skiing. We have it all! The Western and Eastern Ocean Regional Accesses are public entry points to the beach for this watersports hub. You can even rent canoes, paddleboards, and kayaks along the Intercoastal Waterway to avoid any huge waves and stay close to shore. This is ideal for those kids and teens who secretly want to be surfers! Who doesn’t?
3. We told you about the watersports but we forgot to mention one of the biggest tourist attractions…Deep-Sea Fishing! The Bogue Inlet Pier is a popular fishing spot, with views of the Atlantic Ocean. Many of the boats like to charter from Morehead City and Swansboro, NC.
4. If you love to see fish and other sea creatures from a safe distance, the North Carolina Aquarium at Pine Knoll Shores is for you!! Our aquarium is by far one of our must-see attractions, if you can only manage a few of these suggestions, let it be the NC Aquarium.
5. Emerald Isle Woods Park has a disc golf course and a dock, plus shoreline and forest trails, including part of the North Carolina Birding Trail. This is a great place for the entire family to find something they will enjoy!
6. The Salty Pirate Water Park is full of water slides that are both big and small, and is perfect for a day trip! Check out that “pirate ship”!!
7. Shopping!! Who doesn’t love a beautiful boutique filled with buried treasures? You will find so many fun places to find those one-of-a-kind souvenirs to bring home to family and friends.
8. Golfing and Putt-putt galore! One of our favorites is Lost Treasure Putt-Putt Golf & Raceway on Salter Path Rd. Bring the whole family and challenge each other to get that hole in one on the last hole to win a secret prize!
9. For our History buffs out there, Emerald Isle is very close to historic Beaufort NC. Learn about the beautiful historic homes and visit the town!
10. Fine Dining and Fun dining with delicious Seafood restaurants and fun beach-style atmospheres. Some of our personal favorites: Caribsea, Crab Claw Oceanfront Restaurant, Michaelangelo’s Pizza and Subs, Jackie’s American Grille, The Trading Post, and The Village Market.
11. Throughout the year Emerald Isle NC is also host to many events like Fairs & Festivals. Here is a list of the upcoming Emerald Isle NC events in 2018:
Emerald Isle Beach Music Festival – September 29, 2018
NC Seafood Festival in Morehead City – October 5-7, 2018
Emerald Isle Flavor Festival – October 20, 2018
Swansboro Christmas Flotilla – November 23, 2018
Crystal Coast Oyster Festival – November 24, 2018
Emerald Isle Christmas Parade – November 24, 2018
Beaufort Art Walk and Candlelight Homes Tour – December 8, 2018
In the words of our Property Manager at PDL Beach Properties, “There is always an adventure that awaits and a relaxing paradise when you visit Emerald Isle.” If you are in search of an amazing vacation rental in Emerald Isle NC, reach out to us by using our contact form online, emailing us at email@example.com, or calling (919) 753-5751. We can’t wait to help you plan a truly memorable Emerald Isle Vacation with Places Designed for Leisure!